Starting a community project in your church
John Marsh, Mark Eddison and Justyn Larcombe, MEB Design
Thursday 17 October, 2pm, Room 3
Practical advice and case histories from churches that have been successful in community projects.
In this seminar you will:
• Consider the specific needs of your local community: possibly loneliness, poverty (food and money), addiction, illiteracy etc.
• Learn how to create the right welcoming environment – ensuring you have suitable facilities in which to operate
• Reflect on the type of project you wish to establish. Will it be run by an external agency or is it a facility run by church members that anyone can use?
• Consider the management implications by way of financing and staffing, in particular the likely pitfalls of employing people from the church
• Receive guidance about regulations and hear of successful projects including the Recovery Course (Justyn Larcombe), West Central Cafe, Redhill (Nik Ball), Debt Advice and others